Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mia Tui, New Ava Review & Discount Code

Ideal Bag:
In searching for a bag I wanted one that had the following features...functional, size, style...not that many requirements right? Or...so I thought. I’m typically a coach girl. I have a pretty large collection of totes, purses and wallets, however, with coach, due to the material, you have to keep your eye on the wear and tear. What I desired was a bag that would fit perfectly into my life style and I didn’t have to sacrifice any of my criteria to achieve.


Finding Mia Tui:
After I exhausted my go to coach, and really not wanting to spend hundreds (literally, it would have been around 800 to get what I really wanted, or thought I wanted) if I purchased from that provider, I went to my usual suspects ebags, craigslist, ebay, etc. not finding what I was looking for, I did a google search for a "functional, organizing, tote" and on a whim and a prayer I discovered "Mia Tui" through a review blog. The review had a picture of a bag and then all of this "stuff" beside it. The stuff contained some of the daily things I’m required to have: tablet/laptop, phones, water, keys, makeup, chargers, magazines...now for sure this bag would be too heavy to actually carry right?...keep reading

Researching Mia Tui:
The site that this blog lead me to (www.miatui.com), had actual videos showing the functionality of the collection. What, a video that shows a real person, showing real things, fitting nicely into one bag....and to top it off, organization too? Say it ain't so! Tell me my search was finally over....it was, keep reading.
Once I found the website I was obsessed and went through each and every description, review, interview I could find (I should tell Oprah about this). Now, before I purchase anything, I try to take advantage of any discounts available, and this lead me to follow, and tweet Mia Tui, follow both pages on facebook and send a contact email from the website. To my surprise, I ended up speaking with the company owner and building a great rapport (at least, I think so...she may think I'm a pest). The owner and developer of Mia Tui was just like me I came to learn. Frustrated with the current availability of functional bags and all lacking organization that will make finding that ringing phone during a meeting easy! I struggled with having everything I needed for a day at the office, then, kids and then evening in one convenient, yet cute, bag. I have found all of this in my Mia Tui, Ava. Thank you.

The Delivery:
I was excited to order my Ava after a few communications with the owner, and I submitted my order on a Saturday. Immediately I received email confirmation of my order. That Monday, I was sent a communication stating my bag had been shipped out. Now, being an international company I anticipated my bag would arrive in about two weeks. Much to my surprise, my bag arrived in 4 days! Unheard of, are you kidding me! I ripped into the box as soon as I had it in my hands and after transferring my current purse contents into my Ava, I marveled at the room that remained!

Water Proof:
I always have a cup or bottle of water with me, always...so you can imagine my enthusiasm to read, during my research, that these bag contain bottle holders! In the Ava, I use one for my water, and the other for my work blackberry, ear piece and business card holder. I digress. In day two of having my Ava, I had an internal spill. Thankfully it was water...and the notepad I had in the main compartment did suffer just a tad, but other than that, I was good to go. Yes, it is water proof, inside and out!

Durability:
So far so good. The craftsmanship is excellent. The strap handles are built to last. Enforced stitching is seen everywhere, which leads me to believe, I will be using "this" Ava for years to come. I was a little concerned about the outward material. Would it hold a torch to my usual coach leather? To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised. The material is more durable and will allow me to be more carefree when using this bag instead of worrying about it every time I set it down, bumped into a wall, got water on it, etc. the inside material, I opted for the pink lining, is also great. The mere fact that its pink, should excite you, but also realize it has a function in the coloring. I can see! It really is a black hole in most bags. Leaving you to rely on touch vs. sight when trying to find items. The simple fact that everything...and I do mean everything, has its place is phenomenal. I can even tell my 5 year old exactly where something is, instead of her rummaging to find. Additionally, I would like to think that the construction of the bag creates equilibrium of weight distribution. In bags, where I have carried far less "things", don't even think about putting a tablet in it, are so heavy on my shoulder that I find myself getting a shopping cart just so I don't have to carry the purse on my aching shoulder.

Spreading the word:
Because I love my bag so much, I am promoting this young company. I wish success to that of Spanx and many others that make a great product has great marketing and the desire to stand behind their product. The Mia Tui brand has become a staple in my life and I will grow my collection in the months/years to come.

What’s in my Ava?
*Tablet, 10"screen (fits in the larger pocket, supported so it doesn’t weigh your shoulder down)
*2, hard back writing tablets
*1" binder, full of materials
*1, folder (wide enough to not bend the corners, yay)
*1, hard bound book
*thermal cup (gota have my water)
*wallet, (inside my wristlet for quick, grab and go shopping)
*blackberry
*headset
*business card holder
*clear bag, includes lip gloss, lotion, aspirin, mascara, another headset
*smart phone
*2, pens in the pen holder!
*name badge
*thumb drive.
Discount Code:
If you decide that you too, can't live without a Mia Tui bag in your collection, the wonderful owner has a discount code just for you! Please use "MT2012" at check out and receive 10% off your order! Whoo!

0 comments: